Sustainable Collection Services (SCS) offers deselection decision-support tools to academic libraries.
- February 23-24, 2015 Associated Colleges of the South Library Directors Meeting (Woodruff Library, Atlanta University Center) “Shared Collection Management/Shared Offsite Storage”
- March 20, 2015 Western New York Regional Library Council (Buffalo, NY) “RISCy Business: Revolution in Shared Collections”
- March 25-28, 2015 ACRL 2015 (Portland, OR) “Supporting the Deselection Workflow: How Vendors Can Help”
- OCLC Acquires SCS: Combination accelerates efforts to manage print collections
- New blog posts to SCS Insight: A closer examination of 19th and 20th century books and Potential weeding candidates among 19th and early 20th century books
- Five 2-minute GreenGlass tutorials have been added to address questions about duplicate identification, same and any edition WorldCat holdings matches, and Hathi Trust matches and URLS.
- ReCAP Discovery to Delivery report to Mellon released. [SCS participated in workflow analysis]. Full text of report [pdf].
- Shared Print Monographs: The Question of Scale [new Sample & Hold blog post]
- Cynthia Snyder of Rollins College has an article on Data-Driven Deselection: Multiple Point Data
Using a Decision Support Tool in an Academic Library in the January 2014 issue of Collection Management.
- Talking with Faculty about Library Print Collections [new SCS Insight blog post]
- Lily Endowment funds largest shared print books project to date for PALNI and the Academic Libraries of Indiana. 34 libraries, 6.9 million records[press release]. SCS will do the data work and consult.